Decaf Asocafé Tatamá

Colombia
Risaralda
Malted Milk Chocolate, Toasted Almond, Orange Zest
12oz Whole Beans
$18.00
Current stock: 0
Description

Description

Asocafé Tatamá Cooperative, Producer
Caturra, Castillo, Supremo. Grown at 1500-1900 masl.

swiss water process

Asocafé Tatamá coffee is produced by 220 small-scale farmers in the Santuario municipality of Risaralda. This area is part of the West Colombian Andes, and straddles the eastern edge of Tatamá National Park which is one of the last untouched nature reserves in the world. The confluence of winds and elevation create an ideal microclimate where coffee can grow in the shade of native tropical trees. 80% of this coffee is de-pulped and sun dried while the remaining 20% is milled and dried mechanically. The cooperative has its own collection center, dry processing plant, quality control lab, and local roasting operation to support its high quality production.


The Swiss Water® Process uses pure green coffee extract and proprietary carbon technology to remove caffeine from green coffee beans. Coffee is polished and then soaked in very hot water where the caffeine is agitated out of the beans' cellular material to create green coffee extract. The solution is then passed through a carbon filter. They have specified the pore size of the carbon to match the caffeine molecule to ensure only the caffeine is trapped when the caffeine is captured from the green coffee extract. The Swiss Water Process is certified organic and 100% chemical free.

  12oz of whole beans. Our premium coffee beans are roasted daily at our Greenpoint, Brooklyn roastery. We ship only whole bean coffee and do not grind the beans prior to shipping.  Coffee is packaged in sealed compostable valve bags made from 100% renewable resources.  We roast to order!
Additional Info

Additional Info

Origin:
Risaralda
Notes:
Malted Milk Chocolate, Toasted Almond, Orange Zest
Size:
12oz Whole Beans